Massage Therapist Part TimeLoehmann's Plaza Franchised Location 4000 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA, 23452 Job ID: 2019-73090 Job Type: Regular Part-Time
Knotted necks? Not a problem. Soothing muscle aches? Mastered it. You’re the one who knows what clients need to keep their bodies working. But when was the last time someone asked what YOU need? Massage Envy franchised locations* provide a consistent clientele, all the supplies you need, a safe and therapeutic environment, and freedom from the marketing and administrative work that comes from running your own business. And that’s just the beginning of how you’ll be empowered to do more of what you love.
- Full-time and Part-time
- Flexible Schedules
- All Supplies Provided
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
WE’RE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE:
- Well-skilled Professionals
- Thirsty for Knowledge
- Clear Communicators
- Total Body Care Champions
- Great Teammates
SERIOUS SELF-CARE, FROM
YOUR HANDS TO YOUR HEAD
If your body doesn’t work, you can’t work on bodies. And when massage is your calling, you don’t want anything to put it on hold. We’ve got a self-care program to help you keep your body working and mental wellness resources to help you keep your mind as strong as your hands.Learn More
ONGOING EDUCATION TO
BUILD YOUR SKILLS
As a massage therapist, your learning continues long after graduation day. Take advantage of a rotating library of free continuing education and training to satisfy your thirst for knowledge without wringing out your bank account.Learn More
MORE WAYS TO KEEP
Your hands (and arms and elbows) are your most important tools, but they don’t have to be the only tools in the treatment room. From new services like Total Body Stretch to exciting enhancements like Rapid Tension Relief and CyME™ Boosts, you’ve got more ways than ever to keep bodies working.
EVERYTHING YOU DO
There is no Massage Envy without massage therapists, and we’re all in on celebrating all that you do. That’s why the Massage Envy Therapist of the Year award program was created.
What We'll Accomplish Together:
Do you want to focus on doing what you love to do in a place that helps you be the best in your industry?
Massage Envy is the nation’s leader in massage and skin care services. As a massage therapist at our Virginia Beach Massage Envy franchised location,* you'll join a team that's passionate about helping people feel their best through total body care. You will play a meaningful role by:
- Combining your expertise and artistryalong with following our protocols and modalities to design customized service plans that meet the individual needs of each client you serve.
- Building relationships with members and guests to help them pursue and achieve their total body care goals.
- Delivering a safe, therapeutic, and amazing experience with each and every service.
What it Takes to Succeed:
Here's what's in it for you:
The biggest reward for any massage therapist is the difference you can make in the quality of your client's lives. Massage Envy lets you enjoy even more of what you love about your work by providing a safe, positive, supportive work place. Additionally we take care of all your overhead costs and supplies and help you build your books, so you can focus on providing a superior experience to your clients. And with our membership model, you'll get to truly see the long-term impact that your services provide for our members.
The Virginia Beach Massage Envy supports you to be your best both inside and outside the treatment room with:
- Benefits that help you take care of you including employer paid healthcare, paid time off, matching 401(K) plan, AFLAC, and a free monthly service of your choice, as well as employee discounts on all services and retail product, and more.
- A healthy compensation plan that rewards your hard work with base session hourly rates ranging from $16 to $23 and up to $32 per hour when commissions are added. Our tenured full time therapists earn around $40,000 per year without including their cash tips or their company paid benefits.
- A commitment to your self-care by providing self care tools for your daily use to help prolong your career and educational programs to enforce proper body mechanics, as well as management team that respects your scheduling needs.
- Continuing education with 12+ free CEs every year.
- A commitment to safety by providing a therapeutic, healing environment for you and Massage Envy members and guests.
What We'll Accomplish Together
As a team, we're committed to offering excellent professional services that help clients do more of the things they love. Your role and the work you do every day is at the very heart of our mission. This includes:
- Performing quality, therapeutic bodywork that meets clients' needs within scope of practice and licensing guidelines as applicable in VA.
- Customizing massage services within Massage Envy's policies, protocols, and approved modalities to craft truly personalized sessions.
- Safeguarding the client experience, maintaining client confidentiality and upholding our commitment to safety and zero tolerance.
- Embracing the Massage Envy core values of optimism, gratitude, excellence, consistency and empathy.
- Protecting our workplace culture by recognizing and supporting team goals and building positive relationships with team members.
What it Takes to Succeed
We only succeed together, so we're looking for people with the passion and experience to be amazing team members. Those who thrive best in this role are:
- Well-skilled professionalswho have current VA Massage Therapist license and who pass their background and reference check with flying colors.
- Thirsty for knowledge, seeking continuing education to build on their modality mastery
- Clear communicators who can effectively identify each client's needs, set clear expectations, and stay connected to the client throughout the session to achieve the goals of each service.
- Total body care championswho can recommend follow-up visits and additional services and products as needed to help clients pursue their wellness goals.
- Great teammateswho show up on time ready to jump in wherever needed to get the job done.
We Believe Our Differences Make Us Better
We're excited to hear from everyone with the skills, experience, and passion to do a great job regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you're ready to bring your healing skills to a place where you can focus on doing what you love, we can't wait to meet you. Call, stop by, or apply online today at
*Massage Envy Franchising, LLC (“MEF”) is a national franchisor of independently owned and operated franchised locations. Each individual franchised location, not MEF or any of its affiliates, is the sole employer for all positions posted by a franchised location, and each individual franchised location is not acting as an agent for MEF or any of its affiliates. Hiring criteria, benefits and compensation are set by each individually owned and operated franchised location and may vary from location to location.
Watch our videos
Sign up to hear about the latest job postings, company news, and industry info.Sign Up