Massage TherapistTacoma Franchised Location 4502 S Steele Street, Tacoma, WA, 98409 Job ID: 2018-47972 Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Knotted necks? Not a problem. Soothing muscle aches? Mastered it. You’re the one who knows what clients need to keep their bodies working. But when was the last time someone asked what YOU need? Massage Envy franchised locations* provide a consistent clientele, all the supplies you need, a safe and therapeutic environment, and freedom from the marketing and administrative work that comes from running your own business. And that’s just the beginning of how you’ll be empowered to do more of what you love.
- Full-time and Part-time
- Flexible Schedules
- All Supplies Provided
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
WE’RE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE:
- Well-skilled Professionals
- Thirsty for Knowledge
- Clear Communicators
- Total Body Care Champions
- Great Teammates
SERIOUS SELF-CARE, FROM
YOUR HANDS TO YOUR HEAD
If your body doesn’t work, you can’t work on bodies. And when massage is your calling, you don’t want anything to put it on hold. We’ve got a self-care program to help you keep your body working and mental wellness resources to help you keep your mind as strong as your hands.Learn More
ONGOING EDUCATION TO
BUILD YOUR SKILLS
As a massage therapist, your learning continues long after graduation day. Take advantage of a rotating library of free continuing education and training to satisfy your thirst for knowledge without wringing out your bank account.Learn More
MORE WAYS TO KEEP
Your hands (and arms and elbows) are your most important tools, but they don’t have to be the only tools in the treatment room. From new services like Total Body Stretch to exciting enhancements like Rapid Tension Relief and CyME™ Boosts, you’ve got more ways than ever to keep bodies working.
EVERYTHING YOU DO
There is no Massage Envy without massage therapists, and we’re all in on celebrating all that you do. That’s why the Massage Envy Therapist of the Year award program was created.
What We'll Accomplish Together:
Are you able to focus on what you love, Massage Therapy?
At Massage Envy we can give you the freedom to do what you love, Massage Therapy. Rooms are cleaned for you, towels are stocked and ready to use, and we also provide all supplies, including linens and oils, necessary to help you be a successful Massage Therapist. We believe in providing an environment where you can focus on what you are good at, Massage Therapy.
We can provide as many appointments as you want. Our client base is strong and we believe in making sure our Massage Therapists have the schedule that works for them, even if that is just one day a week.
Massage Envy is independently owned. Most locations offer benefits to full time employees including PTO. All of our employees can benefit from our discounted and sometimes free CEU’s that we offer. We believe in personal growth and professional development.
Our Tacoma location is looking to hire Full Time LMT's
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform professional quality massage, within scope of practice and licensing (as applicable).
- Assists in the cleanliness of the location (therapy rooms and common areas).
- The ability to assess a clients needs for each session and tailor your massage to accommodate the clients needs. Design specific sessions based on member’s/guest’s individual needs.
- Assists in the promotion of the health and wellness benefits to clients receiving massage therapy on a regular basis; communicates various promotions to clients.
- Creates excellent member/guest experience through friendly and helpful attitude.
What it Takes to Succeed:
Education, Skills and Training:
- Minimum of 500 hours of massage therapy school and a certificate of completion.
- Participates in continuing education to improve effectiveness (preferred).
- Knowledge of and experience in performing Swedish and Deep Tissue Massage required, as well as knowledge of and experience in performing other modalities offered by Massage Envy.
- 2 Years experience preferred but not required.
- Washington State Massage License
Communications and Personal Interactions:
- Have a strong customer service orientation.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively (orally and written) and in a courteous and professional manner on a regular basis with members, guests, co-workers and management.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Paid time off, health and vision insurance.
- 401k, available dental and disability insurance.
- free and subsidized CEUs, self-care products and classes, employer-paid government programs and more.
- average hourly compensation of $40 per service hour.
- Our therapists who worked more than 30 hours/week in Tacoma earned over $49,000 on average last year.
*Massage Envy Franchising, LLC (“MEF”) is a national franchisor of independently owned and operated franchised locations. Each individual franchised location, not MEF or any of its affiliates, is the sole employer for all positions posted by a franchised location, and each individual franchised location is not acting as an agent for MEF or any of its affiliates. Hiring criteria, benefits and compensation are set by each individually owned and operated franchised location and may vary from location to location.
Watch our videos
Sign up to hear about the latest job postings, company news, and industry info.Sign Up