Massage Therapist - Part Time
Downtown Silver Spring Franchised Location
Knotted necks? Not a problem. Soothing muscle aches? Mastered it. You’re the one who knows what clients need to keep their bodies working. But when was the last time someone asked what YOU needed? Massage Envy franchised locations* provide a consistent clientele, all the supplies you need, comprehensive sanitizing and disinfecting protocols, a safe and therapeutic environment, and freedom from the marketing and administrative work that comes from running your own business. And that’s just the beginning of how you’ll be empowered to do more of what you love.
We're looking for people who are:
- Well-skilled Professionals
- Thirsty for Knowledge
- Clear Communicators
- Total Body Care Champions
- Great Teammates
Every contact with our Massage Therapists creates a lasting impression!
Our 16-room state-of-the-art facility is seeking experienced massage therapists to promote whole body wellness. We’re looking for individuals who genuinely enjoy providing superior service.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental after 90 days of successful employment
- Paid Time Off
- FREE AMTA membership
- Continuing education with 12+ free CEs every year.
- Great work culture
What We'll Accomplish Together
As a team, we're committed to offering excellent professional services that help clients do more of the things they love. Your role and the work you do every day is at the very heart of our mission.
- Contributing to our positive work culture
- Performing professional quality massage services
- Customizing sessions based on member’s/guest’s individual needs.
- Completing Wellness Chart documentation accurately and completely.
- Maintaining professional appearance at all times.
- Creating excellent member/guest experience through a friendly and helpful attitude.
- Following Massage Envy policies and protocols.
- Utilizing Massage Envy approved modalities, in accordance with applicable law in your location.
- Assisting in the promotion of the health and wellness benefits to clients receiving massage therapy on a regular basis; communicates various promotions to clients.
- Assisting in the cleanliness of the location (therapy rooms).
- Being reliable, on time attendance. Attends all scheduled shifts, is prompt to work and works entire scheduled shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
What it Takes to Succeed
We only succeed together, so we're looking for people with the passion and experience to be amazing.
What it takes to succeed:
- Minimum of 500 hours of massage therapy school, a certificate of completion, and licensed in the state of Maryland
- Participates in continuing education to improve effectiveness (preferred).
- Satisfactory results of background and reference check is a condition of employment in this position.
- Must adhere to all applicable local and state licensing laws and regulations related to the massage therapy services provided, including following any applicable law pertaining to maintaining current Massage License.
- Knowledge of and experience in performing Swedish and Deep Tissue Massage required, as well as knowledge of and experience in performing other modalities offered by Massage Envy.
- Understands and believes in the healing benefits of massage therapy and bodywork.
- Have a strong customer service orientation.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively (orally and written) and in a courteous and professional manner on a regular basis with members, guests, co-workers and management.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
We Believe Our Differences Make Us Better
We're excited to hear from everyone with the skills, experience, and passion to do a great job. We do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicants or employees on any applicable legally protected basis, including race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you're ready to bring your healing skills to a place where you can focus on doing what you love, we can't wait to meet you.
Benefits You'll Love
Serious self-care, from your hands to your head
If your body doesn’t work, you can’t work on bodies. And when massage is your calling, you don’t want anything to put it on hold. A self-care program is available to help you keep your body working and mental wellness resources to help you keep your mind as strong as your hands.
Ongoing education to build your skills
As a massage therapist, your learning continues long after graduation day. Take advantage of a rotating library of free continuing education and training to satisfy your thirst for knowledge without wringing out your bank account.
More ways to keep bodies working
Your hands (and arms and elbows) are your most important tools, but they don’t have to be the only tools in the treatment room. From new services like Total Body Stretch to exciting enhancements like Rapid Tension Relief and CyME™ Boosts, you’ve got more ways than ever to keep bodies working.
Appreciation for everything you do
There is no Massage Envy without massage therapists. To celebrate all you do, the Massage Envy Therapist of the Year award program was created.
Please note that this video series was filmed prior to the emergence of COVID-19 and does not reflect the current strengthened safety protocols in place. Learn about the commitment to the health and safety for franchisees’ employees, members, and guests.
Stay Connected with Me
Sign up to hear about the latest job postings, company news, and industry info.Sign up to connect