Stretch Service Provider (Personal Trainer)
Sarasota South Franchised Location
Got a passion for bodywork? Well, now you’ve got a whole new way to do it. Total Body Stretch is a powerful tool in any healer’s toolbox. It gives you a new way to help clients while growing your professional skills. Massage Envy franchised locations* provide a consistent clientele, all the supplies you need, comprehensive sanitizing and disinfecting protocols, a safe and therapeutic environment, and freedom from the marketing and administrative work that comes from running your own business. And that’s just the beginning of how you’ll be empowered to do more of what you love.
We're looking for people who are:
- Knowledgeable Professionals
- Champions for Regular Bodywork
- Well-educated and Credentialed
- Great Teammates
- Clear Communicators
Are you ready to use your bodywork skills and experience in a whole new way to help people feel their best?
Massage Envy is the leader in accessible massage and skin care and creator of the exclusive Streto Method, a premier, customizable, assisted stretch service. As a stretch service provider at our Sarasota South franchised location,* you'll join a team with a purpose, vision, and values that separate us from the rest. We hire positive, caring, and passionate professionals to join our team of Certified Stretch Service Providers; body care experts who understand the big picture and will add to our amazing culture!
You will have a meaningful role to play in that mission as you:
- Combine your experience and expertise with our 15+ years of massage expertise with the latest stretch research to help clients improve flexibility, mobility, and performance.
- Build relationships with members and gueststo help them pursue their total body care goals.
- Deliver an amazing, safe, and therapeutic experiencewith every service.
Here's what's in it for you:
The difference you'll make in clients' lives is the biggest reward of all. But the perks don't stop there. We support and inspire you to be your best inside and outside the treatment room with:
- Benefits that help you take care of you including:
- Part-time Service Providers are scheduled less than 30 hours per week (~25 hours or less of service hours per week with breaks)
- Gratuities through Tippy enable your credit card tips to be auto-deposited into your digital wallet for immediate use, and cash tips are taken home the same day
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 401(k) available after 1000 hours worked
- Dental/Vision cost-shared plans offered for part-time employees (Medical is available for Full-time employees)
- Discounted liability insurance options available
- Referral Bonus Program for referring new part or full time employee to one of our 4 locations
- A free employee Massage Envy Membership with 1 free monthly massage and discounted additional sessions, retail, and service Enhancements
- Self-care equipment in location to help you feel your best
- Flexible scheduling with set schedules. Your breaks and number of service hours performed a day are determined by you
- Confidential assistance and support program through SupportLinc
- Continuing education and training to invest in your growth and development
- A commitment to safetyand providing a therapeutic, healing environment for you and each member and guest.
- A healthy compensation plan that rewards your hard work with
- a starting base pay of $19 /service hour plus gratuity
- $5 commissions for service upgrades.
- You will also receive a $250 signing bonus paid over your first 3 months of employment.
- All 4 of our local locations have partnered with Tippy to enable your credit card gratuities to be available immediately via digital wallet or debit card, and can also be transferred into your bank account of choice.
What We'll Accomplish Together
As a team, we're committed to offering excellent professional services that help clients do more of the things they love. Your role and the work you do every day is at the very heart of our mission. This includes:
- Designing and delivering sessions of Massage Envy’s stretch therapy service,Total Body Stretch,to promote members’ and guests’ flexibility, mobility, circulation, injury prevention, recovery and performance within scope of practice and licensing guidelines as applicable in our state.
- Customizing stretch sessions within Massage Envy's policies and protocols to craft truly personalized services.
- Safeguarding the client experience, maintaining client confidentiality and upholding our commitment to safety.
- Embracing the Massage Envy core valuesof optimism, gratitude, excellence, consistency and empathy.
- Protecting our workplace cultureby recognizing and supporting team goals and building positive relationships with team members
What it Takes to Succeed
We only succeed together, so we're looking for people with the passion and experience to be amazing. Those who thrive in this role are:
- Knowledgeable professionals who are certified personal trainers or massage therapists with a strong command of human anatomy (preferred).
- Well-educated and credentialed in their specific field of bodywork. Certified personal trainers should have a minimum of one year of experience in personal training, fitness coaching, therapeutic bodywork or a related field and should have either a Bachelor's degree in exercise science or a similar field or have a current certification from NASM, ACE, ISSA, ACSM, or AFPA or similar program. Massage therapists should meet the licensing requirements for massage therapy in our state or have completed a minimum of 500 hours of massage therapy school with a certificate of completion. No matter who you are, you'll need to be able to pass a background and reference check with flying colors.
- Clear communicators who can effectively identify each client's needs, set clear expectations, and stay connected to the client throughout the session to achieve the goals of each service.
- Total body care champions who can recommend follow-up visits and additional services and products as needed to help clients pursue their wellness goals.
- Great teammates who show up on time ready to jump in wherever needed to get the job done.
We Believe Our Differences Make Us Better
We're excited to hear from everyone with the skills, experience, and passion to do a great job. We do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicants or employees on any applicable legally protected basis, including race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you're ready to use your bodywork skills in a whole new way to help people feel their best, we can't wait to meet you.
*Massage Envy Franchising, LLC (“MEF”) is a national franchisor of independently owned and operated franchised locations. Each individual franchised location, not MEF or any of its affiliates, is the sole employer for all positions posted by a franchised location, and each individual franchised location is not acting as an agent for MEF or any of its affiliates. Hiring criteria, benefits and compensation are set by each individually owned and operated franchised location and may vary from location to location.
Benefits You'll Love
Stretch yourself professionally
Total Body Stretch allows massage therapists to add variety to their practice and help members and guests in new ways that can be less strenuous on the body. For certified personal trainers,† Total Body Stretch can help you discover a new way to help people pursue their fitness goals while allowing you to earn extra income.
Serious self-care, from your hands to your head
If your body doesn’t work, you can’t work on bodies. And when massage is your calling, you don’t want anything to put it on hold. A self-care program is available to help you keep your body working and mental wellness resources to help you keep your mind as strong as your hands.
More ways to keep bodies working
Your hands (and arms and elbows) are your most important tools, but they don’t have to be the only tools in the treatment room. With exciting enhancements like Rapid Tension Relief, you’ve got more ways than ever to keep bodies working.
† Stretch services can be provided by certified personal trainers and other fitness professionals in some, but not all, states. Some states allow stretch services to be provided only by licensed or certified massage therapists. Check with your local franchised location for the restrictions in your city or state.
Please note that this video series was filmed prior to the emergence of COVID-19 and does not reflect the current strengthened safety protocols in place. Learn about the commitment to the health and safety for franchisees’ employees, members, and guests.
Stay Connected with Me
Sign up to hear about the latest job postings, company news, and industry info.Sign up to connect