Lawrence Franchised Location
Knotted necks? Not a problem. Soothing muscle aches? Mastered it. You’re the one who knows what clients need to keep their bodies working. But when was the last time someone asked what YOU needed? Massage Envy franchised locations* provide a consistent clientele, all the supplies you need, comprehensive sanitizing and disinfecting protocols, a safe and therapeutic environment, and freedom from the marketing and administrative work that comes from running your own business. And that’s just the beginning of how you’ll be empowered to do more of what you love.
We're looking for people who are:
- Well-skilled Professionals
- Thirsty for Knowledge
- Clear Communicators
- Total Body Care Champions
- Great Teammates
Hiring 2+ Full-Time Massage Therapists
Massage Envy Lawrence - Lawrence, KS 66049
$45,000 - $72,000 a year - Full-time, Part-time
LIMITED TIME $2000 Hiring Bonus
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
As a massage therapist in this new Corona Virus world, you want to find a place to apply your healing techniques but you also want to ensure protection for yourself and your family. As the leader in massage and skin care, Massage Envy has created highly upgraded safety protocols and systems as increased protection from COVID-19 and other potential pathogens. During the one year since May 2020 since we reopened after the start of the pandemic our owner’s four Massage Envy franchised locations have not traced a single case of Covid 19 back to one of our locations. Why?? Because we take precautions seriously for both the client and you the therapist to provide a safe environment while you build a consistent client base.
How Do You Fit In?
We are a very busy 13-year old massage clinic looking to hire 2+ massage therapists, part-time or full-time. We offer you a recently remodeled facility and a loyal, growing client base! You will stay busy!
Our city, Lawrence DOES NOT require MBlex certification for any massage therapist who has been working/licensed as a massage therapist for the two prior years. It DOES require MBlex for NEW graduates and any massage therapist that has NOT been licensed or actively working for the two prior years.
Reach us now!!
To find out more information, apply or even faster, text 785-550-3013!!
What's In It For You?
You get a steady stream of clientele and the opportunity to build solid relationships with them. With the repeat clientele that our membership model provides, you'll get to see the long-term health improvements your services create for members.
And your perks don't stop there:
- A healthy compensation plan - you can take home $45,000 - $72,000 like some of our busiest therapists. Ultimately, your pay is determined by you, but these busy therapists make $42 to $48 per hour total compensation.
- Benefits that help you take care of you
- You will receive a $1250* hiring bonus as a full-time (27 massage hours) therapist *(see location for conditions and bonus for part-time
We will DOUBLE the bonus to $2500 if you join before June 30!!
- When you are full time, you will have access subsidized REALhealth/vision/dental benefits, not AFLAC
- Define your breaks in your daily schedule
- Schedules: We work with you to set the best schedule to help you maximize your income!
- Hydraulic tables
- Store discounts
- Focus on your craft and not on business details. All supplies like linens, towels, and paraben/sulfate free massage mediums are provided. We handle the advertising, scheduling, billing and taxes.
- A steady client base We are a busy clinic and our brand continues to focus on local and national advertising for new clients, letting clients know that we can provide a safe and healing service
- A dedication to self-care with free massages/facials and an education program that helps managers understand the physical impact of your work and gives you the tools to prolong the career you love
- "Work and Learn" from some of the best therapists in the business as you work along side our many and seasoned Massage Therapists
- Continuing education with free certifications on the newest modalities and services that clients love.
- A commitment to safety and providing a therapeutic, healing environment for you and Massage Envy members and guests.
You Have a Role to Play in that mission as you will:
Join a team who is passionate about helping people feel their best through total body care
Combine your expertise and artistry along with our protocols and modalities to design customized services that meet the individual needs of each client
Build relationships with members and guests to help them pursue their total body care goals
Deliver an amazing, safe, and therapeutic experience with every service
Those Who Thrive in this role are:
- Passionate and well-skilled Massage Therapists. You'll also need to be able to pass a background and reference check with flying colors.
- Thirsty for knowledge, seeking continuing education to build on their modality mastery (which must include Swedish and deep tissue massage)
- Total body care champions who can recommend follow-up visits and additional services and products as needed to help clients pursue their wellness goals.
- Great teammates who show up on time ready to jump in wherever needed to get the job done.
Our requirements ...
- Ability to perform Deep Tissue massages is preferred
- Therapists who have some evening and weekend availability make the most money per massage so we highly encourage availability to maximize your income potential.
- 500 Hours from accredited school
- The City of Lawrence: MBLEX or National certification is NOT required for any massage therapist who has been working as an LMT in either Lawrence or another area for the prior two years.
- The City of Lawrence: MBLEX or National Certification IS REQUIRED for new graduates from massage therapy school and anyone therapist who has not been working as a therapist for the two prior years.
- Reliable transportation
Reach us now!!
To find out more information, apply or even faster, text 785-550-3013
Related keywords: massage therapist, massage, massage therapy, licensed massage therapist, spa
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $72,000.00 per year
- Commission pay
- Hiring bonus
To keep our staff and clients safe, we have implemented social distancing options, wearing masks, taking temperatures of staff and clients. Client's check in from their car and we minimize all touchpoints for everyone.
- Deep Tissue Massage: 1 year (Preferred)
- Massage Therapy License (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
- Less than 10
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
What We'll Accomplish Together
As a massage therapist at this Massage Envy franchised location,* essential duties include performing professional quality massage within scope of practice and licensing (as applicable) and in alignment with policies and protocols, utilizing approved modalities, in accordance with applicable law in your franchised location, designing specific sessions based on member’s/guest’s individual needs, and upholding the Massage Envy brand's core values of optimism, gratitude, excellence, consistency and empathy.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform professional quality massage, within scope of practice and licensing (as applicable).
- Must follow all Massage Envy policies and protocols.
- Assists in the cleanliness of the location (therapy rooms and common areas).
- Utilizes Massage Envy approved modalities, in accordance with applicable law in your location.
- If performing hot stone, deep muscle or prenatal therapy, must have appropriate training and satisfy the minimum clinic education hours.
- Maintain professional appearance at all times.
- Design specific sessions based on member’s/guest’s individual needs.
- Assists in the promotion of the health and wellness benefits to clients receiving massage therapy on a regular basis; communicates various promotions to clients.
- Creates excellent member/guest experience through friendly and helpful attitude.
- Reliable, on time attendance. Attends all scheduled shifts, is prompt to work and works entire scheduled shift.
- Completes Wellness Chart documentation accurately and completely.
- Other duties as assigned.
What it Takes to Succeed
Education, Skills and Training:
- Have completed the minimum of 500 hours of massage therapy school as well as required classroom work.
- Participate in continuing education to improve effectiveness (preferred).
- Be able to complete a background check with satisfactory results as a condition of employment.
- Adhere to all applicable local and state licensing laws and regulations related to the massage therapy services provided, including following any applicable law pertaining to maintaining current Massage License.
- Have knowledge of and experience in performing Swedish and Deep Tissue Massage required, as well as knowledge of and experience in performing other modalities.
Communications and Personal Interactions:
- Have a strong customer service orientation.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively (orally and written) and in a courteous and professional manner on a regular basis with members, guests, co-workers and management.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
*Massage Envy Franchising, LLC (“MEF”) is a national franchisor of independently owned and operated franchised locations. Each individual franchised location, not MEF or any of its affiliates, is the sole employer for all positions posted by a franchised location, and each individual franchised location is not acting as an agent for MEF or any of its affiliates. Hiring criteria, benefits and compensation are set by each individually owned and operated franchised location and may vary from location to location.
Benefits You'll Love
Serious self-care, from your hands to your head
If your body doesn’t work, you can’t work on bodies. And when massage is your calling, you don’t want anything to put it on hold. A self-care program is available to help you keep your body working and mental wellness resources to help you keep your mind as strong as your hands.
Ongoing education to build your skills
As a massage therapist, your learning continues long after graduation day. Take advantage of a rotating library of free continuing education and training to satisfy your thirst for knowledge without wringing out your bank account.
More ways to keep bodies working
Your hands (and arms and elbows) are your most important tools, but they don’t have to be the only tools in the treatment room. From new services like Total Body Stretch to exciting enhancements like Rapid Tension Relief and CyME™ Boosts, you’ve got more ways than ever to keep bodies working.
Appreciation for everything you do
There is no Massage Envy without massage therapists. To celebrate all you do, the Massage Envy Therapist of the Year award program was created.
Please note that this video series was filmed prior to the emergence of COVID-19 and does not reflect the current strengthened safety protocols in place. Learn about the commitment to the health and safety for franchisees’ employees, members, and guests.
Stay Connected with Me
Sign up to hear about the latest job postings, company news, and industry info.Sign up to connect