As a massage therapist, you put your heart and soul into helping others feel their best. That’s why you deserve a career that does the same for you. At Massage Envy franchised locations,* you’ll find a culture that nurtures you as a person, an artist, and a professional. With access to things like 12+ FREE CEs per year and a commitment to self-care, you’ll have the tools and support you need to thrive in the career you love.
What we offer
Free Continuing Education
Grow in the treatment room and beyond with access to 12+ FREE CEs per year.
A COMMITMENT TO SELF-CARE
Prolong the life of the career you love with the support you need to thrive as a wellness athlete.
A TECHNOLOGICALLY-ENHANCED EXPERIENCE
Save your hands for healing with industry-leading technology designed by massage therapists for massage therapists.
- Are you tired of being paid minimum wage when not booked?
What We'll Accomplish Together:
As a massage therapist at this Massage Envy franchised location*, essential duties include performing professional quality massage within scope of practice and certification and in alignment with policies and protocols, utilizing approved modalities, in accordance with applicable law in your franchised location, designing specific sessions based on member’s/guest’s individual needs, and upholding the Massage Envy brand's core values of optimism, gratitude, excellence, consistency and empathy.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Perform professional quality massage, within scope of practice and certification.
- Follow all Massage Envy policies and protocols.
- Assist in the cleanliness of the location (therapy rooms and common areas).
- Utilize Massage Envy approved modalities, in accordance with applicable law in your location.
- If performing hot stone, deep muscle, total body stretch or prenatal therapy, must have appropriate training and satisfy the minimum clinic education hours.
- Maintain professional appearance at all times.
- Design specific sessions based on member’s/guest’s individual needs.
- Assist in the promotion of the health and wellness benefits to clients receiving massage therapy on a regular basis; communicates various promotions to clients.
- Create excellent member/guest experience through friendly and helpful attitude.
- Reliable, on time attendance. Attend all scheduled shifts, be prompt to work and work entire scheduled shift.
- Complete Wellness Chart documentation accurately and completely.
- Other duties as assigned.
What it Takes to Succeed:
Education, Skills and Training:
- Minimum of 500 hours of massage therapy school and a certificate of completion.
- Participates in continuing education to improve effectiveness (preferred).
- Satisfactory results of background and reference check is a condition of employment in this position.
- Must adhere to all applicable local and state certification laws and regulations related to the massage therapy services provided, including following any applicable law pertaining to maintaining current Massage Certification through CAMTC.
- Knowledge of and experience in performing Swedish and Deep Tissue Massage required, as well as knowledge of and experience in performing other modalities offered by Massage Envy.
- Understands and believes in the healing benefits of massage therapy and bodywork.
Communications and Personal Interactions:
- Have a strong customer service orientation.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively (orally and written) and in a courteous and professional manner on a regular basis with members, guests, co-workers and management.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Fixed hourly rate for clocked-in time irrespective of booked or not.
- 15 minutes paid rest break for every four hours of work.
- Paid sick leave for all employees.
- Paid Vacation for full-time employees.
- $150/month Student loan reimbursement for full-time employees.
- Health benifits for all employees.
- 401k plan for all employees.
- Free one hour massage/facial for full-time employees.
- Reduced Employee rates for massage/facial for part-time employees.
- Reduced Employee rates for massage/facial for one family member.
- Employee Lounge with Keurig, snacks, chaise, foot-massager etc.
- Regular employee outings to relax and Rejuvinate.
*Massage Envy Franchising, LLC (“MEF”) is a national franchisor of independently owned and operated franchised locations. Each individual franchised location, not MEF or any of its affiliates, is the sole employer for all positions posted by a franchised location, and each individual franchised location is not acting as an agent for MEF or any of its affiliates. Hiring criteria, benefits and compensation are set by each individually owned and operated franchised location and may vary from location to location.
Check out this Job LocationView Map
Watch our videos
Massage Envy Careers
A Career at Massage Envy
Get to know ME at a deeper level. Sign up to stay updated on the latest job postings, company news, and industry info.Sign Up