LICENSED MASSAGE THERAPIST – NORTH ASHEVILLE - PART TIME POSITIONAsheville North Franchised Location 354 Merrimon Ave, Asheville, NC, 28801 Job ID: 2019-56525 Job Type: Regular Part-Time
Knotted necks? Not a problem. Soothing muscle aches? Mastered it. You’re the one who knows what clients need to keep their bodies working. But when was the last time someone asked what YOU need? Massage Envy franchised locations* provide a consistent clientele, all the supplies you need, a safe and therapeutic environment, and freedom from the marketing and administrative work that comes from running your own business. And that’s just the beginning of how you’ll be empowered to do more of what you love.
- Full-time and Part-time
- Flexible Schedules
- All Supplies Provided
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
WE’RE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE:
- Well-skilled Professionals
- Thirsty for Knowledge
- Clear Communicators
- Total Body Care Champions
- Great Teammates
SERIOUS SELF-CARE, FROM
YOUR HANDS TO YOUR HEAD
If your body doesn’t work, you can’t work on bodies. And when massage is your calling, you don’t want anything to put it on hold. We’ve got a self-care program to help you keep your body working and mental wellness resources to help you keep your mind as strong as your hands.Learn More
ONGOING EDUCATION TO
BUILD YOUR SKILLS
As a massage therapist, your learning continues long after graduation day. Take advantage of a rotating library of free continuing education and training to satisfy your thirst for knowledge without wringing out your bank account.Learn More
MORE WAYS TO KEEP
Your hands (and arms and elbows) are your most important tools, but they don’t have to be the only tools in the treatment room. From new services like Total Body Stretch to exciting enhancements like Rapid Tension Relief and CyME™ Boosts, you’ve got more ways than ever to keep bodies working.
EVERYTHING YOU DO
There is no Massage Envy without massage therapists, and we’re all in on celebrating all that you do. That’s why the Massage Envy Therapist of the Year award program was created.
LICENSED MASSAGE THERAPIST – NORTH ASHEVILLE - PART TIME POSITION
Are You Ready to Focus on Doing What You Love in a Place that Helps You Feel and Deliver Your Best?
Massage Envy is the leader in accessible massage and skin care. As a part-time Massage Therapist at our North Asheville location,* you'll join a team that's passionate about helping people feel their best through total body care. And you have an important role to play in that mission as you:
- Combine your expertise and artistry along with our protocols and modalities to design customized facial and body treatments that meet the individual needs of clients.
- Become a trusted adviser to members and guests to help them pursue their total body care goals.
- Deliver an amazing, safe, and therapeutic experience with every service.
HERE'S WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
The difference you'll make in clients' lives is the biggest reward for any Massage Therapist, but our environment lets you enjoy more of what you love about your work. We take care of overhead costs and supplies, marketing, an building your book of business so you can focus on performing as many massages as you want. And with the repeat clientele our membership model provides means you'll get to see the long-term impact your services make for members.
And the perks don't stop there! We support and inspire you to be your best inside and outside the treatment room.
WATCH THE BELOW VIDEO TO LEARN MORE
FROM ONE OF OUR OWN AMAZING MASSAGE THERAPISTS
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
A HEALTHY COMPENSATION PLAN:
We reward your hard work with total compensation ranges from $28.00-$35.00+ hourly ($43,680-$54,600+ per year assuming 30 hours hands-on per week). In addition:
- Earn client request bonuses
- Keep 100% of your own gratuities (you earned it, you should keep it!)
- Excellent pay with steady clients (well above industry-average)
- You're an employee, not just contract labor
BENEFITS THAT HELP TAKE CARE OF YOU:
We care about our employee-family, and show it through our second-to-none benefit offerings:
- Paid Time Off
- Major Medical Coverage provided through Aetna
- Short-Term Disability Insurance (paid by employer)
- Dental, Life, Disability, Legal, Long-Term Care & other amazing benefits available
- Optional 401k savings plan with employer matching
- Employee massages, stretch & skin care services at reduced cost
- 10+ FREE Continuing Education classes each year
- Many additional benefits
OTHER AMAZING ADVANTAGES:
- Working with repeat customers allowing you to see the results of your work.
- Fixed work schedules with appointments – no on-call shifts.
- No requirement to fold towels/laundry or perform other non-massage tasks.
- Flexible schedules that fit your life.
- Well-stocked treatment rooms with state-of-the-art equipment including hydraulic lift tables, room temperature control, towel warmers, steamers, microderm infusion equipment, etc.
- Working alongside the best Licensed Massage Therapists & Estheticians in Asheville (the majority of our team has years and years of hands-on experience).
IN-DEPTH PRODUCT AND SERVICE TRAINING:
We help you keep your massage therapy skills strong and your knowledge fresh. In Asheville we provide at least 10 different CE Class opportunities each calendar year! These classes are 100% free for you to attend, and you can attend as many classes as you wish. We're committed to your profession and to your growth!
A COMMITMENT TO SAFETY:
We're also extremely committed to you and your client's safety by providing a therapeutic, healing environment for everyone.
What We'll Accomplish Together:
WHAT WE'LL ACCOMPLISH TOGETHER:
As a team, we're committed to offering excellent professional services that help clients do more of the things they love. Your role and the work you do every single day is at the very heart of our mission. This includes:
- Customizing massage sessions within Massage Envy's policies, protocols to craft truly personalized sessions.
- Greeting customers in a professional, friendly manner.
- Obtaining informed consent for massage plan prior to beginning the session.
- Performing 50, 80-minute and optional 110-minute customized massage sessions within the scope of training and utilizing draping protocols.
- Promoting the health and wellness benefits of massages specific to each client and recommending frequency.
- Safeguarding client information and confidentiality.
- Help maintaining professionalism and cleanliness of therapy rooms and common areas.
- Maintaining a professional clean appearance of self and spa by wearing a clean uniform, following the table dressing & draping protocols and keeping the therapy room clean.
- Performing quality, professional massage services that meet clients' needs within scope of practice and licensing guidelines as applicable in our state.
- Safeguarding the client experience, maintaining client confidentiality and upholding our commitment to safety.
- Embracing the Massage Envy core values of optimism, gratitude, excellence, consistency and empathy.
- Protecting our workplace culture by recognizing and supporting team goals and building positive relationships with team members.
WHY MASSAGE ENVY:
First, unlike most major corporations, did you know the Asheville locations are locally owned and operated? That's only the start of many great reasons:
- Fully customized sessions (no required session protocols)
- Customers matched up to your specific skill set
- Orientation and continued in-house training
- Continuing education provided at no cost
- Knowing you are a valued part of our team
- Great opportunities for advancement
- Lots and lots of clients ready to receive amazing skin care services
What it Takes to Succeed:
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED:
We only succeed together, so we're looking for people with the passion and experience to be amazing. Those who thrive in this role are:
- Able to work flexible days and hours, including at least some evenings and weekends.
- Knowledgeable of proper massage techniques and modalities including but not limited to Swedish and Deep Tissue Massage.
- Customer service oriented and able to communicate effectively with clients, management, and customer support staff.
- Passionate about, believes in, and know how to help people through the healing benefits of massage therapy, skin care and bodywork.
- Carrying liability insurance.
- Adhering to local and state licensing laws and regulations.
- Have a “Whatever it takes” attitude.
- Able to identify and problem solve.
- In possession of an outgoing personality.
- Demonstrating a professional image.
- Able to continuously stand and/or walk quickly.
- Able to bend, lift, and squat frequently.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
- Able to pass a background check.
- Well-skilled professionals who have a minimum of 500 hours of massage therapy education and required classroom work under their belts. You'll also need to meet the massage therapist licensing requirements in our state and be able to pass a background and reference check with flying colors.
- Thirsty for knowledge, seeking ongoing training to build on their massage therapy mastery
- Clear communicators who can effectively identify each client's needs, set clear expectations, and guide clients through the treatment to achieve the goals of each service.
- Total body care champions who can recommend follow-up visits and additional services and products as needed to help clients pursue their wellness goals.
- Great teammates who show up on time ready to jump in wherever needed to get the job done.
WE BELIEVE OUR DIFFERENCES MAKE US BETTER
We're excited to hear from everyone with the skills, experience, and passion to do a great job regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you're ready to put your amazing skin care skills and know-how to work to help people feel their best, we can't wait to meet you.
APPLY TODAY OR STOP BY AND ASK FOR A TOUR -- YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID!
*Massage Envy Franchising, LLC (“MEF”) is a national franchisor of independently owned and operated franchised locations. Each individual franchised location, not MEF or any of its affiliates, is the sole employer for all positions posted by a franchised location, and each individual franchised location is not acting as an agent for MEF or any of its affiliates. Hiring criteria, benefits and compensation are set by each individually owned and operated franchised location and may vary from location to location.
Watch our videos
Sign up to hear about the latest job postings, company news, and industry info.Sign Up