At Massage Envy franchised locations, the safety and wellbeing of franchised location employees, members, and guests is always the highest priority. Here are some of the things that, among other protocols, each independently owned and operated franchised location is required to do every single day to keep their members, guests, and employees happy and healthy:
- After every session, linens are removed and replaced in the treatment room. This includes all sheets, towels, and the cover for the head rest. Clean linens are stored in closed cabinetry.
- Lotion bottles, skin care product bottles, and stretch equipment are wiped down with a disposable disinfectant and sanitizing cloth.
- Objects that are frequently handled, such as phones, keyboards, toilets, door handles, massage stools and tables, counter tops, and cabinets are regularly cleaned with a disposable disinfectant and sanitizing cloth.
- Air pads and filters are changed regularly according to manufacturers' directions.
- Franchised location employees must thoroughly wash their hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds before and after touching guests or members, before touching clean linens, and after visiting the bathroom.
Response to COVID-19
In addition to these everyday steps, franchised locations are also encouraged to be extra diligent to ensure employees exhibiting any signs or symptoms of illness, including acute respiratory illness, remain home. Likewise, if a member or guest with an upcoming appointment is not feeling well, they are encouraged to reschedule. Each franchisee continues to closely monitor guidance being provided at both the national and local levels. In some cases, that has meant franchisees temporarily closing their doors in the interest of safety.
We recognize that this situation will likely have an inevitable impact on earnings in a number of industries. Franchisees are communicating with their teams and monitoring progress of the federal government with respect to any financial relief that may be applicable for those directly impacted. The American Massage Therapy Association has also shared their efforts to help champion unemployment benefits and the Small Business Administration assistance for massage therapists and to have the full massage therapy industry recognized in any possible legislative solutions. Learn more about AMTA efforts here.
Finally, we know that the stress of this situation can take a toll. As part of the brand’s Ongoing Commitment to Self-Care, all Massage Envy franchised location employees and their families will continue to have access to their Employee Assistance Program and the 24/7 mental health counseling services it provides.
We will continue to closely monitor this developing situation. If you have specific questions or concerns about the Massage Envy franchised location where you/your loved one work/s, we encourage you to reach out to the franchisee directly to learn more about additional precautions or actions that he or she may be taking.
What you’ll experience at Massage Envy franchised locations:
We’re better together bringing together the support of not just a franchised location team, but an entire community of more than 35,000 therapists, estheticians, stretch providers, and associates who share your passion.
Feel good while doing good with self-care resources for both body and mind, exciting new services and enhancements, and the opportunity to positively impact the lives of more than 1.5 million clients each month.
Committed to safety and setting the industry standard on providing a safe, therapeutic, and healing environment for services providers, clients, and everyone in between.
Focused on health and wellbeing with strengthened brand standards, from training on infection prevention and control to enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols, face covering requirements, and more.
Stay Connected with Me
Sign up to hear about the latest job postings, company news, and industry info.Sign up to connect